Weed Manager User Guide
Weed Manager – the tool for taking control of pest plants. Track weed locations, control measures and document outcomes over time.
- Creating an account
- Editing account details
- Working with projects
- Deleting your project
- Using the map tools
- Managing weeds and work areas
- Adding a weed to be managed
- Using work areas
- Selecting a weed for action
- Using a Work area to select weeds for an action
- Adding a feature
- Adding a track
- Checking a control
- Recording work hours
- Member management
- Using the App
- App overview
- Adding a weed or feature
- Adding a control or check
- Using the GPS to record weed locations and add a control
- Data deletion
Creating an account
- Go to weedmanager.nz and register a new account:
- Enter your email address and username.
- Answer the CAPTCHA question.
- Click the Create new account button
- A welcome message with further instructions will be sent to your email address.
- Check your email for a the welcome message from WeedManager (
- If the message hasn't shown up within a few minutes, check your spam folder!
- Open the email and click the link (or copy and paste it into your browser) to verify your account.
- You will be automatically logged into WeedManager
- On your account page you can set a password.
- Once you have set the password you will see a screen like this:
Editing account details
You can update your Weedmanager account details, such as your email address, password, username and contact details.
2. A form will load where you can update whatever account details you want to change.
3. Click the blue "Save" button at the bottom of the form to save your changes.
Working with projects
Projects describe the group of people who are working together to manage weeds in a geographical region.
Joining a project
- Click Find projects in the top menu (or click the green Find a project to join button at the bottom of the My projects page).
- To search for a project you can either:
- Search for a project using the Project name contains … text box beneath the map, or
- Use the map to zoom to an area of the map. All public projects will show on the map. Click on the project area and the name will popup.
- Click on the name of the project to go to the projects page.
- Click the orange Request Membership button to contact the administrator of the project.
- Optionally add a message (for example, who you are if the administrator won’t recognise your email address).
- Click the green Confirm button. An email will be sent to the administrator of the project.
- You will be notified when the request has been approved and the project will appear under the My projects menu.